Thursday 2 July 2009

WE APOLOGISE - Indigo Bar & Restaurant


Following the Indigo Bar and Restaurant security guard’s deliberate refusal to let me and a fellow Gambian in, on the night of 5th June, one of the owners of this Mariehamn popular night spot has written to apologise. His name is Stig and in his email he wrote;

“I personally think every human being is equal and that is the policy of Indigo restaurant too.”

He went further to indicate that, as one of the owners of the restaurant he is not racist and when he was living in Sweden his best friends were from Africa, Asia and other developing parts of the world.

Stig quoted Martin Luther King Jnr; “I have a dream that my four little children will one day live in a nation where they will not be judged by the colour of their skin, but by the content of their character.”

I wrote back to accept his apology and assured him that despite how I was been humiliated by the security guard, in the presence of others, I would still continue to patronise them.

No comments: