Monday 27 April 2009

Embracing diversity!


I am very happy that my book launching went well, although majority of the island's important personalities i invited were absent.

The program started with an introductory remark by Nadja from Källbo Skola. Her colleague Hedviq did a powerpoint presentation about The Gambia and the other African countries (nationalities)on the Åland Islands.

In my speech, as the author of the book, i appealed to the Local Government to re-intensify their intergration activities on the island. I emphasized the need for inclusion and the responsible participation of immigrants in the community.

I used the program to honour people who are very receptive to black immigrants on the island. Some of these people include Petra Berg, Heidi Ost, politician Carina..etc.

I would like to thank the City Mayor for launching the book. Special thanks to ÅSUB and FPA for their presentations. I cannot also forget to thank my young friends from Källbo Skola. Tack så mycket to all my guests!

Picture: Shows the African percussion group at the program

No comments: