Sunday 9 November 2008

Reggae is alive on Åland


Be your own DJ, was the big event at Indigo on Saturday, 8th November 2008. It was more like a sound clash and more than ten DJs were involved. It was really an amazing event and almsot all the DJs did their best.
I was one of the DJs and guess what? I dropped some reggae tracks by stars like Morgan Heritage and Kelvin Lyttle. I was surprised that the people at Indigo, that night, enjoyed it and some of them even requested for me to burn the songs on a CD for them.
I caught up with a devoted reggae lover called Mirjam Christensen ( Queen of the Galaxy) and we had a brief chat. She is absolutely one of the wonderful peopl on the Island, who are so nice and welcoming to the foreigners living here.
Hej Åland: When did you start listening to reggae?
Mirjam: ( laughs) I dont know really. I think i’ve always like reggae, but during the last five years i’ve been a real fan.
Hej Åland: How did you get attracted to reggae?
Mirjam: I thinks it’s the feeling in the music. The flow......its makes me happy.
Hej Åland: Who are your stars?
Mirjam: I listen to many different ones and i am really bad at names ( laughs). But i can say Diego Jah, Governor Andy, SOYA...its hard to say my favorite.

I would like to thanks Mirjam and her wonderful guy Dyk for the CD and also coming to Indigo to see my performance.

Alistair
Alistair is a British living on the Island. He is also going to MEDIS learning Swedish. He was also one of the DJs at Indigo on that day. He dropped some amazing drum base and it was just thrilling. Her girlfriend was there to support and the girl friend’s brother.

First time in Indigo
It was my first time in Indigo, since i moved to Åland a couple of months ago. I have been to Dinos many times, but not Indogo. To be honest it only took me very few minutes to fall in love with the place. Its so decent, there is enough space and every thing is so organised at Indigo, BUT it can be expensive for a student to frequent that place.

No comments: