Sunday 9 November 2008

Overwhelming support for Hej Åland


I was overwhelmingly happy with the many emails i received, following the publication of my blog’s first edition. It clearly manifested the willingness of the people to see new things surfacing on the Island.
A brillient youth activist on the island called Petra Granholm has this to say:-
‘ I have already spread your blog among everybody here at the Peace institute and my friends in general, and the feedback already goes along these lines: ‘the most interesting English-speaking blog on Åland I have read so far and the most interesting African on Åland’ SO KEEP BLOGGING!’
Carina Aaltonen, a renwoned woman on Åland, who i mentioned on my previous edition has this to say also:-
‘I read about your blog in Nyan and wanted to check it out. It was a great surprise to find my name on your Obamaism on Åland-post. Good luck with your aim to establish an internet-magazine and with your stay on Åland.’
Many other Åland natives and immigrants has also emailed me similar complimentary and encouraging messages.
With the positive messages i got, i have now been challenged to transform this blog into an online magazine, as mentioned in my previous edition. I have already secured a web master and he is currently working on it.
Luckily for me also, a popular young photographer on the Island has expressed her willingness to join me, in making it happen. She is prepared to volunteer and help with all the photos i may need when the online magazine hit the internet.
I am still looking for more people, to support me with my initiative. Incase, you are interested you can email me at xaritnexna@gmail.com or call 0408795270.

No comments: